LIVE TV AND RADIO OVER THE LAN
Use AvediaStream TVgateways for any building, campus, or metropolitan area in which live TV and radio are required, without the added expense of a separate cable network solely for TV.
- Distribute live broadcast TV (DVB-T/T2, DVB-S/S2, DVB-C, ATSC, QAM) over your existing IP network
- Stream Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) MPEG channels
- Add display devices and users without degrading picture quality
- De-scramble compliant encrypted channels using built-in CAM Module
- Integrate with broadcast-quality equipment using ASI connectors
Live TV and Radio Over the LAN
AvediaStream TVgateway blades capture live TV and radio to make the channels available to end-users over your building, campus or metropolitan-area IP network. Typically, a digital receiver connected to a terrestrial TV aerial (DVB-T or ATSC), a satellite dish (DVB-S/S2), or cable TV connection (DVB-C) supplies the signal to the TVgateway, which captures an entire multiplex of SD and HD broadcasted channels. It then streams these, simultaneously, as individual MPEG channels on the network.
As part of an Exterity Building IPTV solution, AvediaStream TVgateways deliver four primary benefits:
- Easily add and distribute multiple channels to hundreds or thousands of users by managing TV as a network service; adding display devices does not degrade picture quality
- More granular control over channel access than traditional coaxial systems: by user or group
- Better return on network investment: highly-efficient use of network bandwidth via standard multicast technology
- Reduce demand for internet bandwidth; channels are multicast from an internal source, rather than delivered as multiple high-bandwidth streams through the internet gateway
For more information about this product, please contact me or fill out the information below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.