A NEW WAY TO CREATE, VERSION, TRACK AND SEARCH ALL YOUR EDITING PROJECTS, GRAPHICS AND DOCUMENTS.
PROJECT-BASED ASSET MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE FOR COMPANIES WITH LARGE AMOUNTS OF MEDIA.
FocalPoint Server automatically sets up and maintains the necessary file or folder structures for major non-linear editing systems such as Final Cut Pro, Avid and Premiere. VFX and graphics packages such as After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Maya to name a few.
- Simplifying workflow management as the project and storage sizes grow exponentially.
- FocalPoint Server allows you to create, safe in the knowledge that it is backing up your projects.
- It provides the user with an effective and simple to use interface to filter, create and save files, showing only the relevant files.
- The document finds you – simple search means documents are rarely more than 3 clicks away.
- It maintains a central database of all Final Cut Pro and Premiere projects, as well as of all Avid bins, allowing them to be shared across multiple users.
- FocalPoint Server thinks the way editors think. Projects and bins are the central containers for media, logging information and data, including sequences and markers. This abundance of information is held in the application’s database.
- Focal point uses status reporting, notifications are sent across the network whenever a user alters the status of tracked projects, e.g. ‘waiting for approval’, ‘editing in progress’, etc. Users set a filter and wait for projects to come to them.
- Simple interface means training takes under 10 minutes per user.
- Can plug in to all existing infrastructures.
- Use the tools you already own – Our API is flexible and works with all major NLEs and archiving devices.
- Clear labels of every version created with the conception of documents. Consistancy of corporate message.
- Access control (Data security and management).
- 24/7 remote management and support.
- FocalPoint Server provides an easy to use environment that allows the user to ‘just create.’ The managing of projects and files are taken care of in the background eliminating problems relating to incorrectly named files and files saved to the wrong location.
- Limited to a maximum of 15 users and 5 workspaces* and includes:
- FocalPoint Server Software, 5 workspaces and 5 users
- Additional User Packs:
- Add another 5 users, or
- Add another 10 users
- No user limit, maximum of 15 workspaces and includes:
- FocalPoint Server, 5 workspaces, 5 users
- Additional User Packs:
- 5 user pack
- 10 user pack
- 25 user pack
- 50 user pack
- 100 user pack
- Above 100, contact ConSol* or Square Box Media
- Additional workspaces:
- Add 5 workspaces
- Add another 5 workspaces
- High Availability Configurations:
- Add additional servers
*In configurations involving Collections/Portfolios, a Collection/Portfolio is considered a workspace.
UPGRADES, SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE
Mandatory for the first year. Applicable to both Workgroup and Enterprise versions: 15% of the RRP.
The Support and Maintenance package includes software assurance. For example, customers with existing Support and Maintenance contracts can upgrade to major new releases of the software at 30% of the RRP, plus an additional Support and Maintenance cost that is 15% of the upgrade RRP. Customers without the Support and Maintenance will have to pay the full RRP of any major upgrades.
E.G. SuperComputers Ltd buy FocalPoint Server software for 1 server, 5 applications and 5 users and would like to add a second server in a High Availability configuration. The same 5 applications are usable by connecting to either server. However the total number of users who can connect to either server at any given time remains 5. For example, if there are 3 users connected to one server, only 2 users can connect to the other server.
Please note that the licensing charges apply only to the servers running FocalPoint Server software. The FocalPoint Server database can be kept in separate servers for best performance and scalability, but licensing charges do not apply to such servers.
FocalPoint Portal takes your project from conception to archive in one fluid system, using the editing tools you already own. A new social media-like collaboration tool to bridge the gulf between production and post-production.
1. POOL YOUR IDEAS
-You and your colleagues think up some ideas for the day’s stories, or the next project and start a conversation in the FocalPortal (like Facebook or Twitter).
-Comment on each other’s ideas and add media or articles.
-The commissioning editor reviews the ideas and can commission them.
4. JUST CREATE
-The commissioned project becomes a Project Portfolio in FocalPoint Server.
- Allows data importing from other databases.
- Web browser based – check it out on your smart phone on the way into work.
- Customisable interface – completely configurable to your workflow.
- API links to open a Project in FocalPoint Server with all the data already submitted in FocalPoint Portal – open only commissioned Projects.
EXAMPLES OF PORTAL USES
BBC SPORT USES FOCALPOINT PORTAL AS A STRAIGHTFORWARD FORM FOR INPUTTING DATA FOR NEW PROJECTS BEFORE APPEARING IN FOCALPOINT SERVER. MEZZANINE FORMATS, PROGRAMME NAME AND NUMBER, ETC ARE INGESTED BY A COMMISSIONING EDITOR BEFORE THE PROJECT BEGINS. THEN EDITORS CAN DRAG AND DROP ANYTHING ONTO THE PROJECT IN FOCALPOINT SERVER AND IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY TRANSCODE TO THE PRESET DEFINITIONS VIA CONTENTAGENT FTP.
CUSTOMISE THE PORTAL AS YOU LIKE AND CREATE YOUR OWN ‘NEWSROOM’-TYPE CONVERSATION, ASSESSING EACH POTENTIAL IDEA. THE BETTER IDEAS GET COMMISSIONED BY A COMMISSIONING EDITOR. THESE IDEAS THEN APPEAR AS A NEW PROJECT IN FOCALPOINT SERVER, WITH EVERYONE ALREADY CLUED UP ABOUT THE PROJECT.
When your project is finished, the project leaves FocalPoint Server. We have built an engine that will link in to all major archiving and storage systems Cache-A, Space, Quantum, SAN Fusion, Atempo/ASG etc
For more information on Focal Point Server, please contact me or fill out the information below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.