GV Director (PRELIMINARY INFORMATION)Masterful Multitasking
Create, Collaborate, Control
The GV Director™ Nonlinear Live Production System is the ultimate multipurpose tool for live production. Integrating video switching, multi-layer effects, animated graphics, multiviewer monitoring, and more—all in a single, intuitive, and highly creative system, GV Director may pack small, but it sure produces big.
Step On Up: GV Director raises the creative bar for all event producers by removing the typical complexity of production and simplifying pre-production and production processes using one intuitive and dynamic platform. Starting from scratch or using a pre-built template, sophisticated productions are easy since elements can be created, packaged, and saved offline using a Mac or PC, then delivered live when needed. With the ability to collaborate and share work-in-progress, producing highly creative and valuable content is ensured.
Control Your Universe: GV Director brings it all together—switcher, video server, graphics generator, and multiviewer display—in a simple, powerful, and creative workspace for live monitoring and switching. GV Director’s interface gives you the choice of how you want to work. There’s a smart control surface with touchscreen panel, assignable buttons, a T-bar, and a multiviewer, as well as a keyboard, mouse, and computer monitor for maximum operational flexibility.
Small, Yet Mighty: While GV Director’s unmatched production capabilities are powerful on its own, it can also be teamed up with GV STRATUS® nonlinear production tools to add ingest, logging, content management, NLE integration, and router control. Its compact form factor boosts deployment flexibility and makes GV Director ideal for various environments
- 8 HD/SD inputs and 4 HD/SD outputs
- 8 SDI embedded audio inputs (16 embedded audio tracks maximum), 4 SDI embedded audio outputs, 2 analog inputs, and 4 analog outputs
- Multicodec video support: MPEG & DV
- Standard media file import: MXF & MOV
- DVI output supporting optional touchscreen monitor interface
- Supported graphics formats: Targa (TGA) type 2 (uncompressed RGB) in 24-bit RGB or 32-bit RGBA formats (top/bottom-first bit supported) and BMP in 24-bit uncompressed RGB
- Brand new and revolutionary nonlinear live production workflow
- Small form-factor, fully integrated solution including:
- Switcher capability
- Real-time graphics engine
- Clip store/clip player
- Empowers creative processes before and during live productions
- Ease of operation – emphasis on creativity not technical knowledge
- Create Once and Publish Everywhere (COPE): the complete look and style of a production can be created offline—with full preview—via the authoring tool (Mac or PC) and published to multiple live locations